F7: Evolution constantly crashing

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Wed Jun 27 16:29:09 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 27.06.2007, 07:56 -0500 schrieb Mike Chambers:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 10:16 +0200, bucky wrote:
>
> > Alas. It didn't help. Moreover, I've had the same problem
> > with Evolution for years. It's just that FC7 is the first
> > version that actually accepted bug reports for Evolution (before, it
> > would pop up Bug Buddy, and then thumb its nose at you when you hit
> > Submit: "Evolution? Never heard of it!").
>
> Have you ever tried creating a new user and using evolution from it for
> a bit *withOUT* copying over any data or anything and see what happens?
> And if so, is this an upgraded machine, maybe even from before FC6?
> Maybe doing a fresh install and trying it from scratch?  Sometimes it's
> better to every so often, create it all brand new, create your filters
> and folders from scratch, and just import your addressbook and that's
> it.

I had the problem until last week, when I changed the automatic search
of POP3s mails (4 accounts) from each minute to ten. No more problems,
incredibly, uptime 4 days. Perhaps are you getting mails too
continuously?
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
591-70656800, -22417628, LA PAZ, BOLIVIA
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962