f7 dead and recovery disk hangs.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 28 07:50:12 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 04:13 +0100, John Bowden wrote:
> Try booting with a live distro and see if it sees your sata drive, it
> seems that either the drive or the controller chip may have bit the
> dust

Or the power supply.

I was given a few apparently dead computers that had suffered a surge.
In two of them, only the power supply was flakey.  Replacing that got
everything else working.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ rm -rfd /*^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Huname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.