Window won't go away

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 28 08:33:51 UTC 2007

Victoria wrote:
> Try xprop - this will envoke cursor, click on the window that you can't
> close, this will show you in the terminal the pid , something like:
> _NET_WM_PID(CARDINAL) = 13344. Then  - "xprop | grep -i pid"  - this will
> show you the process too. Then something like "ps -ef | grep pid"

This sounds like it might work. However, when that window was there,
no process associated with K3b could be found on my machine. Anyway,
I tried it on a window and grepped the output for PID, then did
ps -A | grep <numeric PID> and out popped gnome-terminal. It's worth
trying.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.