kmail problems after recent update

Mail List lists at sapience.com
Sat Jun 30 03:02:49 UTC 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007 10:48:38 pm Ed Greshko wrote:
> Seems like the KDE developers had a collective brain fart and time for yet
> another bugzilla, huh?

   I'm investigating alternative email programs - it is too critical to have
this messed up. The other bugs recently introduced while slightly ugly don't
impact my day to day work flow - mail does!!

   Till now kmail was only braindead in the way it handled replies to (html)
formatted mail (for which I am using evolution or thunderbird now ...).  For
other things I mostly preferred kmail ..... I wonder if I can use fetchmail
to grab from exhange - feed through procmail but deliver to local imap
folders ... hmm .... anyone?

 evo used to be quite slow with filters - i'll investigate again - its been a
while - i'd prefer to use procmail but not sure a clean way to engage that
with exchange.

  I'm trying to make my mail as independent of the mail client as possible -
for example I never save to local files - I run a local imap server and save
all to that. Now I can access that with any mail client ... this is how I use
evo or thunderbird when I have to reply to formatted mail (a good chunk of my
corporate/business emails) - as kmail eats those!!