Press F5

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jun 30 12:00:45 UTC 2007

I was pleased with the Fedora Core 6 DVD Rescue Mode. It starts with you
pressing F5 and then at the prompt type "linux rescue" and it comes up
looking like your loading a new Linux partition but then it branches to
a place you choose which existing Linux partition to mount on the rescue
Linux.

Then I typed grub and got into the grub shell. Typed grub> quit and got
out of the shell. Then got on this Linux at /boot/grub/ and with the joe
editor (THANK YOU!) brought up grub.conf in joe and could have done
anything.

So the Fedora Core 6 Rescue Mode is the way to go. Now I need to learn
what to DO.

Karl