MP3 to Ogg Vorbis

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Sat Jun 30 19:40:37 UTC 2007

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 15:34:59 -0400
Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com> wrote:

> Chris wrote:
> > Understood - I tried mp32ogg but it complained about not having the
> > perl-base.
>
> That sounds like a packaging issue.  Did you try installing it from
> some other distro's package or something?  Or perhaps we're not
> talking about the same mp32ogg?  I'm referring to
>
>     ftp://ftp.faceprint.com/pub/software/scripts/mp32ogg
>
> I've never used the script myself, but it looks like the required perl
> modules for it are all in Fedora.  You'd just need mpg123 from
> somewhere else.

Indeed Todd, we are talking of the same script. Here's a small snippet
of the errors:

Can't locate MP3/Info.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i386-linux-thread-multi
Etc, etc, etc.

It's Ok though, I figure I may just need some other missing perl
modules. For the dozen or so MP3's I do have, it's really not worth
going through any extra effort.

--
Best regards,
Chris