IMP and FC6 System

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 05:07:02 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:

>>> You mean Horde/IMP (the webmail service)?  If so, just install the
>>> squirrelmail RPMs.  It's danged near the same thing (even based on the
>>> same code base, I believe).
>> Q: Hey, I want a pizza!
>> A: Just get a sandwich, they're both basically bread.
>>
>> P.D.: I hope the irony is understood.
>
> Yeah, I get it.  Have you ever configured Horde/IMP?  I haven't in a
> while, but it would've caused a newbies brain to explode.  It appeared
> he didn't want the whole Horde menagerie (turba, kronolith, nag, etc.),
> just IMP (webmail).  For a newbie, squirrelmail will do the job very
> nicely and is pretty easy to configure.

If you want a dedicated server for mail and some other services (no NFS
or X desktop), you might like SME server
(http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=03943).  It comes up with pop, imap and
  IMP webmail working out of the box.  It is probably the simplest of
all distributions to install and manage with all administration done
through a web interface.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at mail.com