mail program for FC6

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 16:39:13 UTC 2007

Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
>> Mutt is a little more sensible, but does anyone still use a character
>> based mailer regularly these days?
>
> Sure!
>
>> Even if you have a limited bandwidth connection, imap to a local GUI
>> mailer is a lot nicer.
>
> Well nicer in sense of look, functionality,...? I doubt there is a GUI
> mail client coming even near as for functionality (correct me if I'm
> wrong). A specially if some one is a quick typist using all 10 fingers.

On modern machines, GUI programs have no problem keeping up with
anyone's typing.  Most offer hotkeys for many operations so you don't
have to move your hand to the mouse, but there at just many operations
in the GUI versions that have no character-mode equivalent.  For
example, you can pop several messages open in their own windows to have
them on the screen for reference or cut/paste while you reply to another
message.  Or, you can select multiple non-contiguous messages with
ctl-click on the subject display, then drag them to a different folder
in one motion.  Or move attachments around with drag and drop.

--
   Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com