Digital display with NVidia card?

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Mar 4 22:36:07 UTC 2007

I have an NVidia FX 5500 and just scrounged up a Samsung SyncMaster 930B
LCD monitor.  I thought I'd try using the digital output of the card, but
I'm having some issues:

(1) The VCs don't display during startup.

(2) The X server comes up displaying 800x600.  I don't seem to be able to
change it using system-confog-display.  I can select 1280x1024, but when I
log out, I get a message on the display about non-optimal mode and when
the X server starts, it's in 800x600 again.

The bahavior is the same whether I use the nv driver or the binary nividia
driver.

How can I solve these issues?  Or am I stuck with analog mode?

TIA.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences