Acer AL2223W desktop too wide

Ryan Li li_international at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 01:40:50 UTC 2007

try opening up a terminal and type: xvidtune
adjust the sliders little by little and hit 'show'
paste what comes up in terminal into your xorg.conf file, save it and then
try it. (trial & error)
but be careful with 'xvidtune' because it says that it could damage your
monitor if you don't know what you're doing~
i'm having a similar problem. i just got a touch screen for my system and it
will display in 800x600 without any problems, but with 1024x768 it shows
'out of timing'
i played around with 'xvidtune' a bit and got 1024x768 to come up without
showing 'out of timing' on my monitor but part of the desktop can't be seen.
i need to do a bit of adjusting too~
please let me know if you find out some other way to fix this problem!

thanks,
Ryan