Reading NTFS partition from FC6

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Wed Mar 7 17:58:16 UTC 2007

At 4:09 PM -0800 3/6/07, Larry Kelly wrote:
>Thanks for  the quick response.  Installed ntfs-3g on two dual-boot
>machines.  Created a /mnt/windows folder.  Ran the suggested command:
>
>ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows
>
>I received this   "WARNING:  Deficient FUSE kernel module detected.. . .
>The same FUSE kernel has been included since version 2.6.28-rc1..."

That's a 0, not an 8.  You might wish to change the system fonts from
dejavu back to the old luxi sans.  I wish the dejavu 0 were decorated
differently.  (I once made all the glyphs in the Mac font Monaco distinct;
my zero has a dot at the upper right inside corner.  If dejavu had the dot
at a corner, zero would not look like some other character.)

>It still seems to work. I can see the partition.  Should I be concerned?

Hint: What version kernel is running?  What is the highest version kernel
in the Fedora repositories?

>Also:
>
>How do I tell which partitions belong to windows?  Or,  what type of
>partition it is?

mount, for mounted partitions.