Fedora - DELL ?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 15:12:41 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:
>> I would like some clarification. Is the above what the whole dispute is about?
>> A warning message?
>
> I didn't think it was a dispute just someone sounding off. But yes all we
> do to "enforce" the module licensing for general usage symbols exported
> with EXPORT_SYMBOL() is provide a taint warning.

The message could have implied 'value added' instead, to more accurately
describe the situation.

> For deep internal
> symbols a kernel module must be GPL or GPL compatibly licensed.

What does that mean?  I didn't think you could copyright an interface.
Wasn't that settled long ago in the AT&T vs. BSD lawsuit that made
everyone interested in Linux in the first place while it was happening?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com