Laptop recomendations

Bruce Feist bfeist at speakeasy.net
Fri Mar 16 01:19:55 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:

> Other metric measures do have easily understandable correlations (a
> litre of water weighs a kilogram, and so on).

I'm coming into this conversation late; please forgive me if I'm saying
something that's irrelevant or obvious to everyone.  (I did check older
messages, but only a dozen or so.)  Also, I might be being somewhat
innacurate -- my comment is based on what I remember from learning
metric in the 1970s.

The link for a meter, or rather a centimeter, is mathematical rather
than physical: a cubic centimeter is a milliliter.  I don't know how
this relates to the redefinitions -- do they implicitly redefine a
liter?  What's the dependency -- is a milliliter based on a centimeter,
and a gram on a milliliter, or is it reversed, or neither?

Bother.  I was trying to supply an answer, and instead I've asked more
questions.

Bruce Feist