top display takes up two lines of screen

David L. Gehrt dlg at mail.inanity.net
Sun Mar 18 09:17:18 UTC 2007

> what emulator are you using? try making the window bigger??

This looks like the old difference between the way windows and
UNIX/LINUX handle the end-of-line sequence (LF or LF/CR).  I think a
more productive approach than resizing the window would be to look in
the configuration setting of the terminal emulator for a CR/LF setting.

or you could switch (if necessary) to putty.  I have used it for years.
the problem you report does not appear using putty.

The putty website is:http: //www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

dlg