I don't want a keyring password

Denis Leroy denis at poolshark.org
Sun Mar 18 22:56:49 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Gnome apparently refuses to create a keyring without a password.
>
> This means that after I supply my login id and password, a few seconds
> later Gnome wants another password from me, to unlock the password for
> my wireless Lan.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of this nuisance?  ssh won't force a password
> on me.  GnuPG won't.  Gnome shouldn't, either.

Well you wouldn't want your personal passwords stored in plain text,
where they'd be readable by other users. The point is more: why doesn't
gnome-keyring uses the user login to unlock itself.

Take a look here:

http://www.hekanetworks.com/index.php/publisher/articleview/frmArticleID/25/staticId/31/

pam_keyring is in extras