changing kernel paramters on boot disk

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Mar 23 15:06:04 UTC 2007

I have one machine at home (an HP) that has this peculiar habit of
blowing grub away anytime I update Fedora.  It's got a 'recovery
partition' that insists on making Windows the only OS on there.  (I know
I can remove the partition, but it's just easier to leave it there when
I need to re-install Windows, which is often.)

Anyway, I've been making bootdisks for my fedora install, but recently
I've hit a problem.  ACPI in FC6 is hosing my system.  I can kill that
during the boot with the noacpi and acpi=off kernel parameters, but
that's annoying if I'm not there to manually add those in at boot time.

Is there any way I can add those parameters to the bootdisk so I can
wash, rinse, repeat without having to remember to do that?

--
Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator