ESR: Goodbye Fedora -OT

javajunkie javajunkie at koyuru.com
Thu Mar 1 04:55:04 UTC 2007

> > Australia would have picked up the slack. <g> Ric
> >
> I'll give you this much: Australia would have given it the good old
> college try. I'm not likely to forget the Aussie's part in the Pacific
> theater of WWII.

How is this linux related?

Really how?

If you want to discuss how American actions around 1868 destabilized the
Japanese government allowing those more militarily minded to take power
with the promise that Japan would never become Hong Kong...

Granted we were kind enough to drop nukes on civilians for good measure
before kindly establishing democracy.

Yeah sure my family members were in the U.S. navy at the time and I am
lucky to even be alive.  Maybe the nukes even gave me life by stopping
the fighting and sparing my grandfather.  And if the nukes would have
been on Tokyo, I wouldn't be here today.

It's not untrue though to say the whole thing could have been prevented
by both sides.  Why don't you take the political cheering elsewhere.

You can be proud of the body count should you so choose.  I'd prefer
there wasn't one because if either side had been a little more lethal, I
would not get to enjoy fedora.