Fedora Hardware Compatibility...

Ryan Li li_international at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:55:49 UTC 2007

Hi.. I was hoping that someone could point me towards the right direction...

I'm planning on building roughly 20 computers to run FC6 (or Fedora 7 when
it comes out)
I understand there are certain hardware compatibility issues, ie. graphic
cards, sound cards, etc.
Is there some kind of a list with 'Fedora-safe' hardware I could use when
shopping for parts?

I'm currently running FC6 on an iMactel and have had some trouble with
various things like 3d acceleration, wireless, isight, etc. but I understand
it wouldn't be quite this difficult if I wasn't using the iMac. I just want
to be extra careful before spending what little money I have. ^_^ And I
would really love to have 3d acceleration working on all machines!

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!