IMP and FC6 System

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Mar 1 17:42:23 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 14:36 -0300, Martin A. Marques wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 22:00 +0800, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> >
> >>Dear All,
> >>
> >>Which version of imp is good for work with FC6 ?
> >>Include which version of php and mysql ?
> >

> > You mean Horde/IMP (the webmail service)?  If so, just install the
> > squirrelmail RPMs.  It's danged near the same thing (even based on the
> > same code base, I believe).
>
> Q: Hey, I want a pizza!
> A: Just get a sandwich, they're both basically bread.
>
> P.D.: I hope the irony is understood.

Yeah, I get it.  Have you ever configured Horde/IMP?  I haven't in a
while, but it would've caused a newbies brain to explode.  It appeared
he didn't want the whole Horde menagerie (turba, kronolith, nag, etc.),
just IMP (webmail).  For a newbie, squirrelmail will do the job very
nicely and is pretty easy to configure.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer          rstevens at vitalstream.com -
-                      LOOK OUT!!! BEHIND YOU!!!                     -