Slightly OT: bad rap for Fedora, and realistic effects

Ingemar Nilsson init at pdc.kth.se
Thu Mar 1 19:57:30 UTC 2007

"Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen at gmail.com> writes:

> I actually do have he DVD tucked away at home, and I installed this
> system from DVD. However, DVD burners are not as common on the most
> common hardware that I see in the dorms at my university, but CD
> birners are very common. And the DVD is over 3 GB in size, about 5
> times the size of Kubuntu.

I see. Nowadays DVD writers are so cheap that I almost forget that some
people don't have them :)

You might have noticed that I didn't respond to your gripe about download
size. That's because I saw it as a valid complaint (even if I have no
problems with it personally). Complaining about having to change between
five CDs was what I answered to, because there is a better solution. Of
course if you don't have a DVD writer...

Regards
Ingemar