MMS streams

Jeroen Lankheet admin1 at lankheet.com
Thu Mar 1 20:52:55 UTC 2007

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Thursday 01 March 2007 15:26, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>> Has anybody gotten MMS streams to play on FC6? I need to view video
>> lectures from my university, but I cannot play the streams. The test
>> page is here, if anybody wants to try it:
>> http://video.technion.ac.il/Setup/Tester/test-index.html
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>>
>> Dotan Cohen
>>
>> http://lyricslist.com/
>> http://what-is-what.com/
>>

> Hi Dotan. I just found this link for some help with MMS. It may be worth a
> look.
>
> http://zerlinna.blogweb.de/archives/73-Watching-Video-streams-mms-and-rtsp-protocol.html
>
> Nigel.

Hi all,

I have the same problem. I can play MMS streams in mplayer, but the
mplayerplug-in-3.35-1.lvn6 or some other piece of software is shutting
down my firefox with no warning when I try to play an MMS stream. By the
way I'm using mplayer-1.0pre8-1.
The steps pointed out above make no difference in what external
application I select to  run rtsp or mms content.

Any idea?

Thanks,
Jeroen.