Sound of YouTube videos is too low

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 1 22:06:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 16:47 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I have noticed that the sound of YouTube videos is too low, almost
> inaudible. I have PCM the highest possible (without distortion), but
> no progress. Local video files play with a fine sound. My browser is
> Remi's Firefox. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

I assume you mean firefox.2.0. As I said previously this program has
dependencies that must be independently installed after it is installed.
If you do not that is the last yum upgrade you will do.

Did you play all the videos through this browser? Did you install all
the dependencies. from the remi site. For firefox-1.5.0.9 youtube videos
play well.
Truth will out this morning. (Which may really mess things up.)
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net