MMS streams

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Mar 1 23:47:15 UTC 2007

On 01Mar2007 23:46, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb at tiscali.fr> wrote:
| Hi again. I've been googling again. I'm a bit stuck for live video streams as
| I'm on dialup, but a link I found on google suggests using "mmsrip", which is
| available from freshrpms. For FC6 (zod) see.
| http://zod.freshrpms.net
|
| If you read french the link I found on Google is.
|
| http://www.llaumgui.com/post/Telecharger-un-stream-MMS-Microsoft-Media-Service
|
| This is basically saying that the mms protocol doesn't allow you to download
| some videos using the wget command. To download these streams it is necessary
| to use the mms ripper utility, which you can get from freshrpms.
|
| Just another suggestion, if it's any help.

Just to say I've used mmsrip successfully in the past. I hate streaming
protocols, and would much rather queue a fetch and watch at my convenience.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Every technical corrigendum is met by an equally troublesome new defect report.
        - Norman Diamond <diamond at jit.dec.com>