What's up with the latest aci updates

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Fri Mar 2 00:07:53 UTC 2007

I posted a problem with FC6 and kacpid going berserk in one of my
desktops just after the upgrade from FC5 a while back and didn't see any
ideas on what's causing the problem.  It seems FC6 isn't starting my
cooling fan.  Which isn't a huge problem since that entire room is temp
controlled and that's not a heavily used machine.

A little while later a new update seemed to fix the problem, although
the fan still didn't come on, kacpid didn't peg the crap out of my cpu.
Now,with the latest update, it's back to the same problem kacpid is just
beating this system apart and nothing I've done has fixed it.  Does
anyone have any ideas one what's happening?

--
Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator