IMP and FC6 System

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 04:22:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 14:46 -0300, Martin A. Marques wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 14:36 -0300, Martin A. Marques wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, I get it.  Have you ever configured Horde/IMP?  I haven't in a
> > while, but it would've caused a newbies brain to explode.  It appeared
> > he didn't want the whole Horde menagerie (turba, kronolith, nag, etc.),
> > just IMP (webmail).  For a newbie, squirrelmail will do the job very
> > nicely and is pretty easy to configure.
>
> It has been a while for you. :-)
>
> Newer Horde/IMP versions come with a very nice web administration, so
> it's easy to configure and maintain.

Wasn't "IMP" the name for a CP/M file up/dnload program by Irv Hoff? I
spoke with him on the phone just a few weeks before he died. He did a
bunch of work on file transfer protocols and it seemed that he got zilch
credit for his work in the Histories of Notable Contributions to all
things modem related. Now someone ripped his package name off? <sigh> Is
"Nothing" sacred? Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net