Where are all the updates gone?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Mar 2 18:04:55 UTC 2007

Olaf Mueller wrote:
> I would like to know why it takes such a long time before clamav is
> updated. I am running an mailserver.

Did you read the bugzilla entry I linked?  The (volunteer) maintainer
for the clamav package stated that the version won't get bumped for
fc{5,6}.  The security issues were patched and an updated package
pushed a few days after the issues were disclosed.

If you know a good reason why the package version needs to be bumped
to be usable on fc{5,6}, then by all means persuade the maintainer of
that wisdom.

I don't use clamav so I'm not in a position to debate the merits of
updating or not.  I just get a little annoyed when people complain
about things they get for free.

Democracy is also a form of worship. It is the worship of Jackals by
Jackasses.
    -- H.L. Mencken