3ware RAID selinux smartd

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Mar 2 19:18:37 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 12:00 -0500, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:
> semanage fcontext -a -t fixed_device_t -f "-c" "/dev/twa[0-9]*"
>

> Will load the file context and then you need to restart udev and it
> should get labeled correctly.

I don't think it liked fixed_device_t. It seemed to like
fixed_disk_device_t though. There seem to be a lot of those hanging
about in /dev. I don't know how to restart udev so I set the context
myself :

sudo chcon user_u:object_r:fixed_disk_device_t /dev/twa*

I restarted smartd and it now can access the disks.

I asked the same question on my local LUG and got two suggestions:

  1. Put a rule in /etc/udev/rules.d/. This will take me a while to
figure out.
  2. Try the 3DM2 tool from 3ware. This thing is really slick, but not
free, not rpm, ...

Thanks for the help!