Any users of S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8 KM266/KL266]?

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 02:37:28 UTC 2007

After adding RAM to a box found in thr\e trash, I was pleasantly
surprised to discover it's got a Athon XP 2GHz processor on board.
ECS mobo, branded by the "eMachines" folk - quite speedy.

Now I'm mucking around with the video and wwondered if anyone's gotten
DRI to work with this thing.  According to lspci:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: S3 Inc. VT8375 [ProSavage8
KM266/KL266] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Elitegroup Computer Systems Unknown device 0a85
        Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20
        Memory at ed000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
        [virtual] Expansion ROM at ec000000 [disabled] [size=64K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
        Capabilities: [80] AGP version 2.0

glxinfo looks promising, except for one line:
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b

GL apps (glxinfo, ppracer) fail to render anything, and CPU jumps to 100%.

After some research, I'm compiling the git mesa - but any pointers welcome.

Thanks,
Chris