Where are all the updates gone?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Mar 3 11:03:30 UTC 2007

Res wrote:

> Then they should not have made the comments they did at the time
> purporting to be official

Point to the thread where such claims were made?

> Really, redhat folk at the time differed, at no time did they say it was
> removed because of lack of maintainer, again you clearly have not
> bothered to take the time to search for and read the threads, so you are
> in effect just venting air, without knowing or bothering with the facts,
> when you come back and quote what I and they said, then you can offer an
> opinion i'll take seriously, until then, I have no interest in running
> round in circles with you, because you are just expressiong your
> personal opinion on the matters.

Grub was made as default and Red Hat had no interest in lilo after that.
That shouldnt matter since non Red Hat folks can and do already maintain
many more packages in the Fedora repositories. My personal opinions on
this matter have atleast been verifiable unlike your claim that all the
updates are backports. If you want to, you can do the constructive thing
and take up maintenance of lilo. If you decide to do that, no one is
going to stop you. In effect, the lack of maintainer is the only
possible thing that is stopping the presence of the package in Fedora
repository at this point.

Rahul