Router/firewall help

Martin Marques martin at bugs.unl.edu.ar
Sat Mar 3 18:08:09 UTC 2007

Mike escribió:
> I want to setup a stand-alone router/firewall using the latest Fedora
> distribution. I re-built the kernel and modules, however I can't seem to
> find any current references on how to setup the rest of the system to
> function solely as a router/firewall.

Recomendation: Check IPCop.

> This is probably a different resource, however I will ask: I want to put
> the system on a flash and boot from it. Since flash is painfully slow I
> want to run the system from ramdisk. Any direction on that front would
> be also appreciated.

What? Why would you want disk (in this case a flash card) speed on a
router/firewall? Almost all that has to be read from the flash will be
read on boot time. After tha you will get almost no disk activity at all.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA