Can I generate Installation DVD from Development repository

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Mar 4 01:58:54 UTC 2007

Hikaru Amano wrote:
> I'm trying to get Fedora 7 Test 2 from http mirrors (I'm inside my
> university LAN which only allow port 80 & 443 outbound, so torrent is
> a no go) ..  but all of them that i've checked and have the F7T2 DVD
> does not reply the size of the file in the request thus making
> resuming not working - bad for unstable internet  .. and
> download.redhat.fedora.com does not host the Prime DVD ..
>
> However, I do have a mirror of the development and extras-development
> repository in my server in the LAN (mirrored together with the core,
> updates,extras and livna repos - for use by me and my friends) .. Is
> there any way for me to generate the installation DVD from that
> mirror?? .. upgrading through yum is dependency hell considering I'm
> using 3rd party repo ..
>
> Or anybody have a better suggestion besides this?

You might try to download using wget with the ftp location link. I am
trying it now and it seems to be working.

This might be a jumbled output copied from the terminal but basically, I
am using the link that was posted in earlier parts of the thread.

Also, I have development installed already and tried to use punji but
only ended up with the directories and no iso image. It looks like a
pretty decent program otherwise and the configuration file is not too
difficult to make the needed changes for customizing for your system.

Pasted wget info from gnome-terminal.

  wget
ftp://linux.nssl.noaa.gov/fedora/core/test/6.91/Prime/i386/iso/F-6.91-i386-DVD.iso
--20:40:18--
ftp://linux.nssl.noaa.gov/fedora/core/test/6.91/Prime/i386/iso/F-6.91-i386-DVD.iso
            => `F-6.91-i386-DVD.iso'
Resolving linux.nssl.noaa.gov... 129.15.69.75
Connecting to linux.nssl.noaa.gov|129.15.69.75|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD /fedora/core/test/6.91/Prime/i386/iso ...
done.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR F-6.91-i386-DVD.iso ... done.
Length: 3,188,873,216 (3.0G) (unauthoritative)

Jim

--
The games of civilizations often are stacked in favor of the greedy.