Where are all the updates gone?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Mar 4 06:24:27 UTC 2007

Aaron Konstam wrote:

> That is strange. Nearly every week someone atacks a poster who complains
> about the latest Fedora by saying Fedora is supposed to be bleeding
> edge. If they want stability they are told to go to a different version
> of Linux. Is that opinion not shared by the Fedora Board people?

Depends on what they mean by "stability". If they are talking about
robustness, Fedora is meant to be as robust as we can while trying to
provide the latest versions in general. If they mean, heavy backports to
older versions, Fedora wouldnt fit their requirements.

When folks are complaining about bug fixes as such they should be
encouraged to file bug reports and provide feedback to developers or
participate more in actual development or testing of Fedora development
or updates-testing repository.

Rahul