Where are all the updates gone?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Mar 4 11:18:53 UTC 2007

Res wrote:

> Correct, teh way it should be if tehy make comments like were directed
> to me, and to others over the time I have witnessed

Your spell checker is not working.

>> 3.  lilo was dropped from Fedora and is also being dropped from the
>> upcoming RELv5.  As to the exact "why"?  I don't have any insight but
>> suspect it was decided with the Fedora Project Board and Red Hat.
>
> so it has a maintainer but gonig to be dropped

"Had", and it wasn't John Coffman.

>> 4.  There is only one person developing/supporting lilo, John Coffman.
> One should ask if John ceased to maintain it, your contradicting
> yourself, in one breath you are saying JC is doingit, then in anotehr
> nobodies doing it

Developing and supporting it is *not* the same as maintaining it for a
distribution.  It is apparent you are not very aware of how things are done.
  Please go to http://lilo.go.dyndns.org/ and you will notice there is
nothing but source.

So, no, I'm not contradicting myself.

>> 5.  You like lilo and totally dislike grub.
>
> twice bitten, there shall enver be a third

Many folks could same the same about lilo.

>> 6.  You have been offered the chance to take up the post of maintainer
>> for lilo in Fedora as a contributor to Fedora Extras.  It seems you're
>> not really interested in becoming a contributor but prefer to remain
>> part of the "those that can't, bitch" contingent.
>
> see 4

Nope...  You need to learn.

>> 7.  By your own admission the only time you post to the list is " when
>> I get bored, or feel  a comment is warranted".
>
> Correct, I do not post for the hell of it, I actually have a life, most
> times I read what goes on in here, not always, and are known to delete
> several days worth of posts without reading, if my time is limited.

Right, no time to contribute...but plenty of time to complain.

>> On a personal note, I do not use Fedora, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Slackware,
>> Debian, and others in a production environment and it is unlikely I
>> ever will.  I will play with them but that's about it.
>
> You see thats where we differ, I have a tleast currently for many many
> many eyars used RH and then fedora as desktops, fedora was trialled in a
> server environment but did not cut it, so we gave up and stuck with
> slackware which remians stable, and supported for years.
>
> I shall be soon trialling ubuntu on desktop, and will try F7, for
> reasons stated in otehr threads which it is not neccessary to revist in
> this thread.

And maybe work on fixing your spell checker...or did you just deliberately
do that to make it hard for folks to read?

--
    "All this modern technology just makes people try to do everything at once."
-Hobbes