mail program for FC6

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 4 14:27:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-03-04 at 15:41 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-03 at 15:13 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > mutt is  a mailer that handle threaded - sorted mail messages properly
> > where programs like evolution can't.
>
> In what way doesn't Evolution give you an ability to thread messages
> properly?  Threading is done by references and in-reply-to headers,
> Evolution does thread messages by them.  It can even play tomfoolery
> with subject lines, for those that don't know how threading is done.
I explained this in two separate messages but let me try again. If in
evolution you have a threaded mail stream sorted by date in ascending
order. You read the first message and delete it. The second message is
dated later than the next message just after the threaded group. You
find you are now reading the next message placed where it is in date
order which is very confusing.

Now I think you are the one who suggested you arrange the deleted
messages not be deleted, I have tried that and I can't see that is an
improvement with less confusion.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>