Beryl update broke my Beryl :)

Kevin B kevin1a at varlog.net
Sun Mar 4 23:52:02 UTC 2007

Claude Jones wrote:
> On Sun March 4 2007, kevin b wrote:
>
>> I had some time to work on this today and I fixed it by running the
>> NVidia driver installer again and letting it config my xorg.conf.
>> Now it works again.  I'm using the latest driver from NVidia.com.
>>
>> Can you test that and let me know if that helped you too?
>>

> Kevin: May I ask, are you running that using the command "nvidia-installer"?
> I'm running the 9746 driver and according to the documentation, that's the
> command, yet, that command does not exist on my system.

I just ran the installer again:
chmod a+x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9746-pkg1.run
sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-9746-pkg1.run

[that's a 'dot-slash']

I went thru the installation and at the end it asked me if I wanted it
to config my xorg.conf which I said yet.

You can do that manually, Check the README for this part

Kevin

If you have a working X config file for a different driver (such as the
“nv” or “vesa” driver), then simply edit the file as follows.

Remove the line:

      Driver "nv"
  (or Driver "vesa")
  (or Driver "fbdev")

and replace it with the line:

    Driver "nvidia"

Remove the following lines:

    Load "dri"
    Load "GLCore"

In the |Module| section of the file, add the line (if it does not
already exist):

    Load "glx"