Firefox turns into an "untitled window"

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Mar 5 00:55:38 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> I tend to leave Firefox running for days at a time.  After a few days of
> uptime, when I click on a link it will open a new window (called "untitled
> window" according to the task bar) and load the web page into that.  The
> "untitled window" doesn't have the top menu items (forward, back, location bar,
> what-have-you), it just shows the actual web page that I clicked on.  If I go
> back (right-click, select "back" as there is no menu), "untitled window"
> disappears and I'm back to the usual Firefox screen with the menu items and so
> on, but when I click on any link from there it puts me back into "untitled
> window".  If I go back two screens, then I still get put into "untitled window"
> when I click a new link, or even the one that I just came from.
>
> If I close "untitled window", Firefox closes.  I can then reload it and
> everything works for another several days or a week until it happens again.
>
> I have had this going on through several Firefox revisions on FC6.
>
> Any idea why?

No, but the problem isn't FC specific.

I run the stock version of Firefox 2.0.0.2 on RHELv4-U4 and the same thing
happens occasionally.  I've not searched the Mozilla/Firefox forums so I
don't know if it is a reported problem.  In any event, with 2.0, when
Firefox crashes like that it will offer to restore your previous session so
you don't lose much time.

--
new, adj.:
	Different color from previous model.