Where are all the updates gone?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Mar 5 01:28:48 UTC 2007

On Sunday 04 March 2007, Ed Greshko wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I, an english only speaking american, would also tend to interpret it
>> in that light.  And you are really, really, miffed when you spell it
>> pi$$ed. :-)  However, Res's spelling is rather atrocious, so it could
>> be interpreted either way.  Perhaps english is not his native tongue
>> though, so we are used to decoding such messages into something that
>> at least appears lexically correct most of the time.
>
>Now, you are going to get yourself in hot water with Canadians,
> Mexicans, and others living on the North American continent.  :-)
>
>You are correct, English is not Res's native tongue.  He is from
> Australia. So, he was speaking in his vernacular.  Besides, he made no
> apologies for his typos because he was "pissed".  Typing skills go down
> when one is under the influence.  Don't you guys watch CSI?

Not if I can find something else to do.  Yes, I'm a tv engineer with many
decades of experience in the technical nuts and volts, but the main
reason I actually watch it is to judge picture quality or verify a
problem, then get on the phone & check to see if I can use the hands that
are there on site to effect an adjustment before I saddle up my GMC, and
head for the mountain, stopping at the bottom to chain up the front (its
a 4wd) as that road isn't worthy of the name this time of the year.
Right now it needs a dozer for most of a day, and about 800 to 1000 ton
of rock to stiffen up the heavy clay content mud.  But the dozer wouldn't
be safe as it could slide and fall off the ledge when the road is this
soft.  So we have to grin and bear it till its stiff enough to support
the dozer and the 16 wheelers bringing up the rock.  Which BTW, only
drive the back 8 (two axles) of those wheels.   Wanna ride along some
night?

>--
>No house is childproofed unless the little darlings are in
> straitjackets.

Chuckle, I see he has raised some children too.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)