Hardware Error Solution

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 03:23:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

I guess I am having hardware problem with my FC5 box. The box suddenly
hangs without any user intervention, displaying message something like
(in console mode , no GUI).

a) DWARF UNWINDER ...stucked at some point
b) FATAL EXCEPTION on Interrupt

This is not the first time it happened. During first time it happened,
I thought it was a motherboard problem, so I exchanged the new
motherboard to same kind. Exchanged everything except Harddrive and
CPU. Now this problem suddenly popped out again.

So here are my questions:
1. Can CPU be defective?? Is it possible?? How and why?
2. If I change the hardware entirely (I guess I can't find the
motherboard and CPU of same kind anymore), can I still use my old FC5
installation ?? What I mean is will my old FC will detect the hardware
changes and make necessary adjustment with drivers and everything will
be fine?
I am afraid if I need to reinstall entire thing again, it will take
considerable amount of time since it is heavily customized and need to
interrupt the normal work.