Hardware Error Solution

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 6 08:51:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 11:23 +0800, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> 2. If I change the hardware entirely (I guess I can't find the
> motherboard and CPU of same kind anymore), can I still use my old FC5
> installation ?? What I mean is will my old FC will detect the hardware
> changes and make necessary adjustment with drivers and everything will
> be fine?

I have pulled hard drives out of a box, and put them in another, and the
system went through and sorted out what driver changes was needed almost
by itself (I okayed a few things that kudzu wanted to do, but it made
the choices about what to remove and install).  Anything managed by HAL
would be done by itself, each time a computer boots.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.