Printer suitability - Brother HL-5270DN

David Fletcher fc at fletchersweb.net
Tue Mar 6 10:33:16 UTC 2007

We're looking for a laser printer for the Engineering department at work.
Considering the Brother HL-5270DN.

Accounts department has a HL-5170DN on a windows network which has been
working reliably for some years, so it would seem reasonable to purchase a
similar model.

Can anybody please tell me if they're using the HL-5270DN with a Linux server?
Any problems? The machine has a driver listed in the CUPS printer setup but
I've not tried a Brother printer with Linux before, so best to be sure....

Thanks for any advice.

Dave F