FTP Issues - Help.

Ferguson, Michael ferguson at BRVMLAW.COM
Tue Mar 6 14:49:07 UTC 2007

G'Day List,

I am quite sure I am missing something here but am lost. Help.
I am running RHES3 FTP on my LAN.

I can connect to the FTP server on my LAN from my WinXP workstation running Ipswitch WS_FTP Professional and ftp files back and forth.
>From the command prompt on this same WinXP workstation, ftp 192.168.131.36 returns > ftp: connect :Unknown error number

>From my Fedora 6 workstation, ftp 192.168.131.36 returns ftp: connect: Connection refused.

What did I miss here? What should I fix here?

Thanks