We need a new subject- bug fixes

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Tue Mar 6 15:55:15 UTC 2007

Around 03:51pm on Tuesday, March 06, 2007 (UK time), Aaron Konstam scrawled:

> > Incidentally, I also had to open a peephole in my ADSL modem,
> > and add a rule to shorewall to allow email in.
> It is not dangerous at all if you have proper firewalls, The access
> database in /etc/mail

Is this true.  I understood the firewall has to be open to allow
sendmail to accept email from the internet, and that could be email for
the domain, or email for other domains, and the firewall can't
differentiate.  Which is why sendmail needs to be configured to not
accept email for domains other than those that are specifically
intended.

Steve

--

A:  Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q:  Why is top-posting a bad thing?

 15:52:41 up 19 days, 18:16,  2 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.03, 0.00