Printer suitability - Brother HL-5270DN

Pete Geenhuizen pgeenhuizen at pobox.homeunix.net
Tue Mar 6 16:11:28 UTC 2007

Not using Samba, just using the lpd print queue, which has a Brother
driver section and a driver for the printer.

wrote:

>>I've been using an HL-5070N for over a
year.  It has performed
>>flawlessly.  Coming from Solaris
where it also worked like a champ
>>using the lpd queue I set
it up in Linux that same way.  One of
>>these days I'll look
into using CUPS, but I hate to fix it if it ain't
>> broke.
>
> I've got some samba shared lpd queues to networked
printers running
> on an experimental server. I can use CUPS on
the desktop to prepare
> print jobs for the particular Epson and
HP printers we've got,
> connecting CUPS to the print queue using
smb://... Is that what
> you're doing with your Brother
machine?

> Dave