Converter from eps to wmf format?

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 16:25:28 UTC 2007

Paul Smith wrote:
> On 3/6/07, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Thanks, Chris. My idea is to use vectorial figures drawn by Inkscape
>> > in OpenOffice Presentation. The current conversion from Inkscape to
>> > OpenOffice Draw is not satisfactory, as the text is neglected, i.e.,
>> > not visible. I tried to circumvent the problem by converting to wmf
>> > and hence to OpenOffice Draw.
>>
>> I tried this:
>>
>> 1. made a vector object and some text in inkscape (v0.45)
>> 2. saved as EPS ('outline text' was checked')
>> 3. Went to Insert>Picture>From File in OO Draw(v2.0.4)
>>
>> That worked OK.  It seems odd that OO doesn't appear to handle SVG.
>
> It works, Chris, but the picture looks not very nice, i.e., it looks
> as it were a bitmap. That is the problem with inserting eps pictures
> in OpenOffice.
>
> Paul

It WILL be a bitmap.  OO.org does not have the ability to render EPS files.

OO.org can export SVG but not import SVG (yet).

While it is an entirely different direction, I use the 'beamer' package
for LaTeX to do my presentations, whereby I can generate EPS image files
and include them that way.

You can then create a PDF file and use one of the PDF viewers in full
screen mode to display it.

More information on beamer is here:

   http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/

HTH,