Reading NTFS partition from FC6

Larry Kelly ldk2005 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 00:09:15 UTC 2007

Thanks for  the quick response.  Installed ntfs-3g on two dual-boot
machines.  Created a /mnt/windows folder.  Ran the suggested command:

ntfs-3g /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows

I received this   "WARNING:  Deficient FUSE kernel module detected.. . . The
same FUSE kernel has been included since version 2.6.28-rc1..."

It still seems to work. I can see the partition.  Should I be concerned?

Also:

How do I tell which partitions belong to windows?  Or,  what type of
partition it is?
-Larry

On 3/6/07, Jonathan Berry <berryja at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/6/07, Larry Kelly <ldk2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a dual boot machine,  ( XP/ FC6).  I'd like to read my music
> files on
> > the NTFS partition when I'm booted into FC6.  How can I do this?
>
> Either install the ntfs kernel driver from the Livna repository or
> ntfs-3g from extras.  The ntfs driver is read only and the ntfs-3g can
> read and write.
>
> # yum install ntfs-3g
>
> Jonathan
>
> --

Best Regards,
-Larry
"Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
            --- E.Taft Benson