mailscanner

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Mar 8 02:09:57 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007, Jake McHenry wrote:

> I think that may be the problem, brain fart.. sorry.. I think i left SA
> running when trying to start mailscanner, I'll try it tonight after everyone
> leaves. That would definitly cause the memory errors I was seeing, if
> mailscanner was trying to start another instance of SA.

MailScanner doesnt 'start it' as such, it calls it directly, no need for a
running binary, when you start MailScanner, if you quickyl repeately slap
'ps ax' you'll see one of the kids " checking with spamassassin " if it
cant it would probably make noises then, or you would see a lot of
<defunt>'s in your process listing.

--
Cheers
Res

"If I lay here, If I just lay here, would you lay with with me and just forget the world?"