Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A & FC6

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 8 21:56:02 UTC 2007

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 22:27:17 +0100
Sander Hoentjen <sander at hoentjen.eu> wrote:

> I have seen this happen on certain surfaces, like wood with the "lines"
> on them, not sure how to call it in English. Also with certain mouse
> pads. Are you sure that is not the problem here?

I suppose that's possible.  This is a Belkin black mousepad with a built-in
wrist rest thing that I have been using for a number of years.  I never had a
problem with my Genius Netmouse on it, but that was a ball mouse.  This is the
first optical mouse that I've had.

The pad has no lines or anything on it, though.  It's just cloth surface that
seems to be very slightly silky or furry.