solution to evolution problem

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 8 22:09:11 UTC 2007

I have several times complained about a problem in evolution that date
sorting does not work well with threading in evolution. Once you delete
a entry in the thread the next entry jumps to its correct date position
which may be somewhat further down the list.

In case, I am not the only one annoyed with this behavior I have a
solution. I can't take credit for it since it was mentioned awhile ago
by I think Tim but only this week I saw it really works. The problem
disappears if under View you uncheck: "Hide deleted messages".

When you complete reading your mail you can restore the check or just
ignore the unhidden deleted messages which will appear crossed out on
the folder list of mail.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>