solution to evolution problem

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Fri Mar 9 03:12:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 13:23 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 17:23 -0500, Robert Locke wrote:
> > But, one thing I have learned to NOT do, is to set my sorting on the
> > Date column.  I have no down or up arrow on the date column.
>
> As one of those YMMV moments, I have threading turned on, *and* messages
> sorted on date (newest topmost).  Things are working fine for me.

It's only a "problem" for me if I delete the first message of a thread,
though, admittedly, I tended to sort it "oldest" first....  Sorting
appears to be done on the first message in the thread.  When that first
message in the thread is deleted, the remainder of the thread is
"relocated" to an appropriate spot.  But if I don't have "date sorting"
turned on, it leaves things where they are....  Does that make sense?

--Rob