Converter from eps to wmf format?

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 04:46:29 UTC 2007

On 3/8/07, Chris Mohler <cr33dog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've stumbled across a SVG importer for OO, but it appears to require
> Java 5 (aka jre 1.5 a la Sun).  This page has links to the importer
> and bugs related to SVG and OO:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/SVG_Import_Filter

In case anyone is interested, the SVG importer seemes to work with
Java 6 (aka jre 1.6) on FC6. The bin+rpm installs into /usr/java.
One must then go into the options of OO, select "Java" and pick the
new JRE. (fairly painless)

After that, one can open this test svg file (a psuedo-benchmark) in OO:
http://www.linuxrising.org/importsvg/gearflowers.svg

And it will look like the this - a *vast* improvement over any other
method of importing that I've tried:
http://cr33.is-a-geek.com/random/Screenshot.png

OO will then open the example SVG provided by PS earlier in the thread
[1], but the main problem seems to be that paths in OO are not
smoothed (aka antialiased) at all.  Lest we despair, work is being
done to convert the drawing functions in OO over to cairo and XCanvas:
http://blogs.sun.com/thorsten/entry/first_impression_draw_on_cairocanvas

Something to look forward to, at least.

Chris

[1] Text must be converted to a path in Inkscape before it will open
correctly in OO.